Wednesday, December 19, 2018

In Print, December 2018 (and Progress)


There is always a great sense of accomplishment when a contributor’s copy arrives, but sometimes it’s extra-special. The photo above shows the inaugural hard-back collection from Compelling Science Fiction, the pro marketplace which has now published three of my stories. Two (Cogito, Ergo Sum and Hostile Intent) are reprinted here, I’m one of only two writers with two pieces in this volume, and that’s another great compliment to my writing. To say I’m thrilled to hold this book in my hands is an understatement, and it will be proudly displayed on my “brag shelf” forevermore!

This volume was produced as a Kickstarter venture, which ran beyond its goals and has been a resounding success. All credit to the tireless efforts of editor Joe Stech, who has helped launch new writing talent in the marketplace in the two years-plus Compelling has been in action – I certainly consider myself among them.

A limited number of copies are for sale direct from the Compelling website, find the link on the homepage here.




Also launching this month is Future Visions #3, the third in this quarterly anthology serries, brainchild of editor Brian J. Walton. Released in electronic and physical formats, think of FV as a bumper science fiction magazine produced in book format (reminiscent of the fabulous old New Writings in SF series that ran to thirty-something paperback volumes in the ‘70s-‘80s period – I certainly hope FV encounters equal success!)  My story A Lament for Marla, a dystopian piece looking at climate reclamation efforts in a harsh future Australia, appears here for the first time.

Here’s the direct link to the paperback at Amazon (US).

As a point of interest, click my author link in the line of featured writers appearing in the Amazon page for this volume – there’s someone else by the same name whose material gets mixed in with mine, but you’ll find links to twenty publications featuring my work!

I have a fistful of short-listings in play, 65 placements, 66 stories out, and over fifty pieces neither placed nor on submission at this time – but more on the statistics when I do my third anniversary post in a few weeks.

Cheers, Mike Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment