Friday, July 26, 2019

In Print, July 2019 (and Progress)



Well, maybe the last post’s gloom was not entirely justified, as I’ve scored two placements during this month so far, bringing me to eleven for the year. I’m not ready to say the downturn is over, neither is at pro rates so the new tax year’s income is building slowly, but…a placement is a placement.

Pelagus was the second story I ever placed, and was published in the anthology Ecotastrophe II in 2017. It was just picked as a reprint up by the British online magazine The New Accelerator, and you can read it on the site. You need to subscribe, but a pound a month is very reasonable. Go to:
                                   

The other placement was also in the UK, my Victorian short Silver Scales was picked up by Kzine, my second appearance with them, and is slated at this time for issue 26, due in January 2020.

Also, I’ve had some short-listings recently, “The Witch Who Wove Dreams” at Aurealis, and “One Way Street” at Stupefying Stories. Fingers crossed on these and the other nine short-listings in play. I have 85 submissions in progress at this time and plenty more stories to write

Hoping for action in the months ahead,

Cheers, Mike Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment