Sunday, January 5, 2020

In Print January 2020 (and Progress)



This month promises to be my busiest ever, with four items releasing! First up, going active around January 1st, was my mermaid short Sylvie in the Blue, in the online magazine Aether & Ichor #5. Read it here. This is the last edition of A&E, oddly enough the second time I’ve appeared in the last issue of something, the other being my SF short A Grand Succession, which was in Nebula Rift Vol. 4, No. 12, in January 2017.

Next up should be Apocalyptic Visions appearing at the online mag Emerging Worlds on January 9th, followed on the 14th by my fantasy short Hubis in Retrograde when Black Hare Press release their anthology Pride, first of their Seven Deadly Sins series. And finally, on the 28th, my mermaid piece Silver Scales will be appearing in Kzine #26, due on the 28th of the month. Links to come on all of these.


I also just received my copy of the anthology Synth, featuring my SF short Naevus. This a reprint, the story having first appeared with Uprising Review in November, 2017. You can order here.

I scored my first placement for the year today, my Lemuria fantasy short story Lord of All Seas being picked up by NewMyths magazine, my third piece with them.

Tomorrow, I’ll be producing my annual review, looking back at my fourth year in the game, and presenting the stats of writing and publishing to date.

Cheers, Mike Adamson

_________________________________________

UPDATE

Apocalyptic Visions went live at Emerging Worlds: you can read it here.



Hubris in Retrograde appeared in Pride, you can order here.



And finally, Silver Scales can be found in Kzine #26, which you can order here.

I’ve also placed three more stories this month, which is equal with my best January in previous years. The Silent Agenda scored a place with the Pole to Pole anthology 20, 000 Leagues Remembered, a collection celebrating 150 years since the Jules Verne classic was published. Then my fantasy piece Zamalek, the Dream, a cautionary tale of human interaction with the world, found a home with Dim Shores Presents Vol. 2, due later in the year (a collection that came out of left field, resulting from the great number of excellent submissions the publisher received in response to a previous project.) And finally, The Gentle Art of Ghosting—a scientific look at the fiendish problems in performing surgery on a ninety-ton whale—has been accepted by the Swedish publisher Jay Henge for their new anthology Sunshine Superhighway.

It’s certainly been a busy start to the year, four publications, four placements, and I’ve written three new stories in the same timeframe as well, plus beta-read a novel and a short story, and am working on a feature film script too


Cheers, Mike Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment