Saturday, September 1, 2018

In Print, September 2018 (and Progress)



Some good news on a few fronts as we move into September. A few days ago, Alban Lake released the stand alone ebook/softback of my ghost novella The Last Train to Deakin Valley. This is my first outing as a solo author and, I hope, far from my last! You can order the book at Alban’s store here.

In other news, the Kickstarter campaign to fund the first print anthology of Compelling Science Fiction reached its stretch goal of 120% funded, so the promotional special issue of the magazine will feature five stories, not four. The print collection should be along in a few months but the digital special will be releasing very shortly, specifically for the 200+ backers.

I heard a couple of days ago from Andromeda Spaceways Magazine that my story “Triskellion’s Maze” has passed third readers, which puts it in the shortlist pool, so I should know something in the weeks and months ahead. Fingers crossed! This takes me to seven active short-listings – about my record, I believe.

I have 61 placements and earlier today made my 996th submission. The big one thousand comes up very soon and will be worth a commemorative post!

Cheers, Mike Adamson


UPDATE

A couple of things to add under “Progress” for this month.

My hard SF short Walking on Titan has been bought by Aurealis to appear in issue #116. Apparently it passed some six readings to do so. This is my second appearance in Aurealis, Australia’s longest-running science fiction magazine, my last being Fear of the Dark in #104. And I have another short-listing, my contemplative-philosophic flash piece “Pilgrim in the Ruins” is being held by Kferrin.com for a slot maybe through into next year. News as it breaks, as ever…


UPDATE

Something extra under the “In Print” heading, my flash story Colour Therapy just went live at New Myths online magazine, and you can read the story right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment