Saturday, July 14, 2018

In Print, August 2017 (and Progress)



This post was first uploaded on Thursday 10th August, 2017. Archived posts have been recovered following irretrievable login problems.


For the first time since the beginning of the year, I don’t seem to have a release scheduled for the current month, but my last piece to hit the market was just one day short, so who am I to quibble?

Check out my Cthulhu Mythos piece With Strange Aeons in the Lammas edition of Lovecraftiana, which you can order right here. Very proud I got cover-billing, title and byline, just like in the old days!

I have picked up a sixth simultaneous short-listing, my SF piece With Scientific Detachment is currently short-listed with Aurealis. I should know something by the end of the month – it would be very cool to place a second story with Australia’s longest-running title!

Edits have been completed on Circus to Boulonge for Storyhack #1, and edits are currently underway on The Marachel Job for Andromeda Spaceways #67.

I was approached just today to do an interview with Uprising Review who recently published my “Middle Stars” short North of 25 – I’ll be making a start on that today.

I recently exceeded 550 submissions, have finished two older stories that have been hanging around a while, and wrote seven new pieces last month; I’m currently working up notes for a story that’s been at the back of my mind for twenty-three years, since the business with Jerry Pournelle’s Future Wars II anthology – but that’s a theme for a whole other post.


Cheers, Mike Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment