Saturday, July 14, 2018

In Print, May 2018 (and Progress) Addendum



This post was first uploaded on Friday 25th May, 2018. Archived posts have been recovered following irretrievable login problems.


I’ve never before needed to do two “in print” pieces in the same month but I think the news is worth it. Masques is appearing in the edition of Nature due on the 31st – I’ve approved a proof copy of the page and am absolutely delighted with it. I’ve penned an entry for their blog discussing the motivations for the piece, and will provide a link as soon as it comes available.

Also at the proof stage is Hellrider for the anthology After the Orange, a volume of socio-political commentary tales for our troubled era.

In other news, Alban Lake Publishing are picking up my ghost novella The Last Train to Deakin Valley, a 23, 000-worder set in the Peak District of Derbyshire. At this length it’ll be under its own cover, a stand-alone release, my first so far (and I trust not the last!) I should have more details soon.

And Heroic Fantasy Quarterly have my sword and sorcery piece “The Dreamer in the Dark” under short-list consideration, for which I have my fingers tightly crossed.

Cheers, Mike Adamson

NB: Header image from a royalty-free image site.

No comments:

Post a Comment